Patients in Kentucky who are missing most or all of their teeth can regain full oral function and improve the aesthetics of their smile with an innovative tooth-replacement option called implant dentures. This minimally invasive system is similar to traditional dental implants. Instead of using one implant for each missing tooth, an entire arch of teeth can be replaced with just four strategically placed implants.
Benefits of Implant Dentures
If you’re considering replacing all of your teeth, implant dentures can restore your smile permanently and more efficiently than other options on the market. Kentucky patients who choose implant dentures will enjoy many benefits such as:
- Fewer implants are required as compared to traditional dental implants
- They are permanent, strong, and secure
- Patients can receive beautiful new smile in as little as one day
- Patients are able to immediately begin eating and talking normally
- Pre-surgeries are not required
- They look like natural teeth
- There is no risk of teeth shifting or slipping during the day
- They do not need to be removed at night
- They are fully-functional
- They are easy to care for
- They provide patients with improved self-esteem
- They stimulate jawbone tissue and preserve facial structure
- They are more cost-effective than other tooth-replacement options
Are Implant Dentures Right for You?
Before deciding which type of tooth-replacement system is best for you, be sure to visit Dr. Clagett for an initial consultation. When you meet with him, he will perform a full oral evaluation, take any needed X-rays and images, talk to you about your general health history and your oral health history, and answer any questions you have regarding the procedure.
Dr. Clagett will also perform a screening in order to determine whether or not implant dentures are right for you. Kentucky patients will be considered good candidates for this tooth-replacement option if they:
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have enough healthy jawbone in which to place the implants
- Want to replace a full arch or entire mouthful of teeth
- Want to replace their removable dentures with a permanent solution
- Are non-smokers and do not use other tobacco products
After your initial consultation, Dr. Clagett will work with you to develop a treatment plan that will meet your needs and achieve your goals.
Cost of Implant Dentures
Every implant dentures treatment plan is customized; therefore, the cost of implant dentures will vary from patient to patient. Your final cost will be determined based on your specific needs and existing gum and jawbone condition.
While the implant dentures procedure typically does not require any pre-surgeries, if Dr. Clagett determines you need to have a sinus lift, bone graft, or gum graft to ready your mouth for your implants, your cost will be higher than that of someone who does not require any pre-surgeries.
When you meet with Dr. Clagett for your initial consultation, he will provide you with a cost estimate for your specific procedure.
Recovery After Implant Dentures
Patients who choose implant dentures may experience minor discomfort near their incisions for a few days after their procedure. However, pain medication is not required to control this discomfort, and instead, patients can use Tylenol or Ibuprofen or ice packs to decrease discomfort.
Be careful around your incision sites immediately after the placement of your implant dentures. Rinse your mouth with saltwater the night of your procedure and begin gently brushing your teeth the next day. Dr. Clagett recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your new teeth while being gentle along your gumline.
If you’re ready to find out more regarding implant dentures, don’t hesitate to call Dr. Clagett at Clagett Periodontics in Kentucky today at (270) 982-7377 to schedule your initial consultation.