What Motivates Dr. Clagett
I come from a family of dentists, including my grandfather, father, and uncle. I am passionate about the deep dive of dentistry that being a periodontist allows me every day. As a periodontist in the Kentucky area, my specialty allows me to help my patients attain levels of dental health they did not think was possible.
Each morning, I get excited to get up and help my patients get their smile back. I love that my patients are then excited to smile at me and everyone else. It’s the fun part of what I do. My team and I get to change lives every day.
Dental Practice Values
I believe that every patient has the right to know their full dental condition. They deserve to have all available treatment options presented to them – with the pros and cons of each treatment. The options are presented without any regard for the limitations of dental insurance and without any preconceived notion of what the patient may or may not accept. I believe that, as a specialist, I need to continue to educate in the latest techniques, so that I can provide the optimal options to my patients.
Educational Background in Periodontics
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, 2007
- Specialty Certificate in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, 2006
- Masters in Oral Biology, 2006
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, University of Louisville, 2003
- Bachelors of Science, University of Kentucky, 1999
Involvement in Academics and
Since beginning my private practice, I have been involved in many aspects of academics and organized dentistry, including:
Lecturing and instructing in continuing education courses locally, nationally and
- Kentucky Dental Association Annual Meeting
- NYU Global Implant Symposium
- Many Dental Study Clubs across the US on dental implants, gum recession treatment, and practice management
- Clinical Advisor to Zimmer Dental
- Past professor at the University of Louisville
I am continually involved in education on the latest research and technology in periodontology.
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- 2018 President
- Past Chairman of the Corporate Advisory Board
- Past Membership Chairman
- Past Treasurer
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Practice Management and Marketing Committee Member
- State and Regional Advisory Committee Member
- Continuing Education Oversight Committee
- General Dentist Outreach Task Force
I returned to my hometown of Elizabethtown, KY in 2006 following completion of my periodontal residency at the University of Louisville to continue in my family’s dental footsteps. My grandfather, Robert, began his dental practice in Elizabethtown, KY in 1947 and my father and uncle joined the practice in 1975. My father, Dan, still practices today.