When loose teeth or tooth loss occurs, Dr. Clagett can solve your concern with dental implants—the best tooth replacement system on the market. And while you may be more comfortable thinking about the tooth replacement options of the past, such as traditional dentures or bridges, dental implants can truly provide full oral restoration for Kentucky men and women, and give you an aesthetically pleasing smile, too.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically inserted directly into the jawbone. Once placed, the dental implants can hold one or two replacement tooth crowns. They are a permanent solution to missing teeth, and treatment can be customized to fit any need.
No matter the cause of your loose or missing teeth, whether due to injury, infection, poor oral health, or age, dental implants are a viable option for most Kentucky patients. However, there are some specific criteria you’ll need to meet before Dr. Clagett can place your implants. Keep reading as we discuss more about dental implants, your consultation, and how you can know if you’re a good candidate for this tooth replacement option.
What to Expect at Your Dental Implants Consultation with Dr. Clagett
When you visit Dr. Clagett’s Kentucky office for a dental implants consultation, he wants you to feel comfortable and welcomed. Leaving no stone unturned, you’ll receive a tour of his office, meet his team, and spend extensive time talking with him about your concerns.
During your first appointment, Dr. Clagett will:
- Perform a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth and gums to determine the cause of your loose or missing teeth.
- Take any needed images or x-rays to aid in treatment planning.
- Ask you about what you wish to achieve with your dental implants procedure.
- Fully explain dental implants and how they can be a benefit for you.
- Answer any questions you may have regarding the dental implants procedure.
- Work with you to develop the best treatment plan to suit your needs and desired results.
How to Know if You Are a Good Candidate for Dental Implants
Periodontists like Dr. Clagett are not only professionals at placing dental implants, but they are specifically trained to treat the gum tissues and underlying bone in the mouth. When you meet with Dr. Clagett for your initial consultation, you will know whether or not you meet the criteria for dental implants.
Dr. Clagett will carefully screen every potential Kentucky patient before deciding whether or not dental implants are the best option for treatment. In order to be considered for dental implant placement, you will need to:
- Be in good overall health and oral health
- Have adequate jawbone tissue to support dental implants
- Have healthy gum tissue, which is free of periodontal disease
- Be a non-smoker or promise to quit smoking for an agreed amount of time before and after your surgery
If you are a good candidate for dental implants, Dr. Clagett will work closely with your general dentist throughout your entire treatment process to ensure you are cared for completely.
Meet with Dr. Clagett to Find Out if You’re an Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants
Regardless of your need for dental implants, Dr. Clagett and his team will work to ensure you have a complete and aesthetically pleasing smile, even after your first treatment.
If you’re ready to fill the gaps in your smile and restore oral function, call Dr. Clagett in his Kentucky office today at (270) 982-7377 to book your initial consultation.